Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Assistance in obtaining citizenship in Israel

  1. #1
    Hostboard Member GordonFry43's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2022
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Assistance in obtaining citizenship in Israel

    Tell me, please, maybe you had a similar experience: how realistic is it to obtain Israeli citizenship if a person does not have an official residence permit? I heard that a lot depends on origin and the Law of Return, but I am confused by the details. I am interested in what documents actually confirm the right to citizenship, if, for example, there are Jewish roots, but there is no registration of residence in Israel. Is it necessary to first apply for temporary status or can I immediately apply for a passport? And how does the process work in practice for those who live outside the country?

  2. #2
    Kingston012 Member Inmorr's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2022
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Assistance in obtaining citizenship in Israel

    I have recently studied this issue myself and can share my experience. Indeed, in Israel, obtaining citizenship is directly related to the Law of Return, which allows people with Jewish roots to apply for citizenship even if they do not have an official residence permit. Supporting documents are important - for example, birth certificates, marriage certificates, Jewish certificates or documents confirming origin. In fact, if the evidence is sufficient, you can apply for citizenship almost immediately, without first obtaining temporary status, although sometimes the process involves a short administrative check. For people who live outside the country, this is done through the Israeli consulate, where they explain in detail what documents are needed and help to submit the application correctly. Personally, I found the resource about can i get israeli citizenship without moving to israel very helpful - it clearly outlines the steps and requirements, and thanks to this I realized that the process is really feasible if all the documents are in order.

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member albertcooley08712's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 3rd, 2022
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Assistance in obtaining citizenship in Israel

    I will be happy to share my experience, as I have recently gone through this path myself. In practice, it is possible to obtain Israeli citizenship without a preliminary residence permit if you have confirmed Jewish origins – the Law of Return provides such an opportunity. Personally, I prepared documents confirming Jewish roots: birth certificates, documents of relatives, as well as certificates of marriages and kinship. No mandatory registration in Israel is required before filing an application – you can immediately apply for citizenship through the consulate or a special commission at the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Of course, temporary status will make the move and the first steps easier, but it is not mandatory to start the process. In practice, for those who live outside the country, it is important to carefully prepare a package of documents, make translations and notarization, after which the procedure is quite organized and fast. My experience has shown that with proper preparation, everything is possible and does not require unnecessary bureaucratic complications, the main thing is to confirm your origin and be ready for dialogue with officials.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •